There is a widening gap between medical practices in the U.S.
Some are falling behind – feeling that regulatory pressure and technology change is getting too much to overcome. Many others are growing rapidly – finding opportunities for expansion in an uncertain market.
What sets the two groups apart? In a study of 2000 practices in spring of 2017 they found 5 categories that make a difference between those that are “High-Performers” and those that are “Falling-Behind”.
- Happy Physicians – strongest correlation to practices success was physician satisfaction. Almost 10 times higher satisfaction in High-Performing practices.
- Realism – High-Performing practices have a plan for value-based care and have a realistic assessment of the challenges facing practices today.
- Listening to Patients – More than 80% of High-Performing practices gather and act on patient feedback.
- Planning Ahead – High-Performing practices are almost twice as likely to have a plan in place for the transition to value-based care and almost twice as likely to be ready for MACRA incentive this year as compared to Falling-Behind practices.
- Gearing Up – Health technology goes way beyond EHRs for High-Performing practices. These successful groups are embracing patient portals, advanced population health analytics, telemedicine, iPad-based intake forms and check-in kiosks.
Very good article with some good insights. If you need any help in these areas, please let me know. Credible RCM Services is here to help practices perform at their highest level.